tears in screen while playing game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyushin

Baseband Member
When i play Day of Defeat source, i get these random, mostly vertical lines on my screen for about a second or two then they dissapear. It doesnt happen that much when i start playing, but when im about a minute into the game it acts up. I have a 6600gt not over clocked. It rusn at 50-60 degrees c. I have the latest drivers from nvidia, 78.01. Could it be the screen? It happens in all games, even cs 1.6 so i dont think its the high-dynamic range or anything. antialiasing at 6x and anisotropic at 16x... maybe, pretty sure though. I've heard of cases but no solving strategies.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re:

Vertical Sychnonization / VSYNC maybe?

If the framerate is not synchronized to the monitor's refresh rate, artifacts can occur and you'd usually see 'tearing' of the screen or flickering.

Yeah I know. I actually get more average fps, except when im rendering a whole lot off stuff i get less. It didn't work by the way. There's this setting on my bios that's Robust Graphics Booster (rgb). It says it increases bandwidth, i turned it on full and im gonna go test it right now. Im going to watch my temsp too. lol

Yeah im a casual refresh rate checker. Thanks though. I enabled that thing on the bios and it seems to work better. im thinkin i got it fixed. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom