*tears* - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Did you set the jumpers on the Hard drive as master and the jumper on the CDrom as slave? That is what you need to do if there on the same cable.If you put each divice on a different cable they can both be master.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by sPlAtOiD
Did you set the jumpers on the Hard drive as master and the jumper on the CDrom as slave? That is what you need to do if there on the same cable.If you put each divice on a different cable they can both be master.
im just RMAing the upgradet thing, and getting new cd for windows, i dont have any old or other windows disc

umm idk.. they are on different cables.. i really didnt know waht i was doing but i pluged the dvdrom into a cable that said master because it was the only cord with "master" written on it that fit anywhere

and for the harddrive, i just pluged a sata corde into the mobo and into the back of the harddrive, and then the powersupply of course.. what sata slot should i be plugging the harddrive into though? i put it in the "sata 1" or the second one down...

Closed Thread