taking too long for me to troubleshoot!

kalessi

In Runtime
Ok so I have troubleshooted a couple of computers and they have all had issues with being slow and laggy... I usually check all of the basic things.....doing the scans with anti-virus and malware bytes and doing a disk clean up and defrag but if that doesnt work I usually am stuck with backing up all of the important files and reinstalling the OS.....I feel like I should be quicker with resolving the issue...I feel like if I want to do help desk I'll need to troubleshoot quicker...any tips on how to troubleshoot quickly? Does it get better after more experience?

Speed isn't everything - being thorough and making sure you actually fix the problem is more important than just getting it done fast (unless you're being paid lots to do it quickly/correctly).

As for "tips on being quicker"... that will come with experience, but also depends entirely on the issue you're trying to fix. Some things you'll be able to recognize and fix quickly, others will require research and multiple steps of troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom