system32\config\system error with BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so after 3 weeks(?) I finally got my computer back from the "student technology center." Besides being complete dimwits, they are free, so they had to be my first choice. After a week and a half of being in the shop, they finally got working on my computer. After about another week and a half, they told me the following:

- We got the computer to boot up and start reinstalling windows, but eventually got a BSOD.

- After removing a stick of ram, we got the computer to get further into the uninstall at which point they got another BSOD.

- We give up.

Ok, so. My options at this point are either :
-Replace video card/ram (due to the nature of the BSOD.)
- Replace the mobo (possibly screwing up reading of RAM, VRAM?)
- Take it to a computer repair shop to figure it out (but I'm poor.)
- It could POSSIBLY be a bios issue, but at this point I doubt it.

What if your opinion here at TechForums? Should I bite the bullet and take it to the repair shop? or should I try and take a shot in the dark with a hardware replacement?

Well if you can get your hands on some spare parts or borrow some from a friend, I would say take a shot with the hardware replacement.
Really doubt it's the BIOS as well, but it won't hurt to update it if it needs updating (just to eliminate the factor).
Also if you don't got spare parts or parts to borrow (and messing with parts may cause you some $$$ as your not totally sure which 1 is the problem) I would say go with the repair shop. That's my opinion though, you can wait around for more suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom