Re: system32\config\system error with BSOD
Ok, so after 3 weeks(?) I finally got my computer back from the "student technology center." Besides being complete dimwits, they are free, so they had to be my first choice. After a week and a half of being in the shop, they finally got working on my computer. After about another week and a half, they told me the following:
- We got the computer to boot up and start reinstalling windows, but eventually got a BSOD.
- After removing a stick of ram, we got the computer to get further into the uninstall at which point they got another BSOD.
- We give up.
Ok, so. My options at this point are either :
-Replace video card/ram (due to the nature of the BSOD.)
- Replace the mobo (possibly screwing up reading of RAM, VRAM?)
- Take it to a computer repair shop to figure it out (but I'm poor.)
- It could POSSIBLY be a bios issue, but at this point I doubt it.
What if your opinion here at TechForums? Should I bite the bullet and take it to the repair shop? or should I try and take a shot in the dark with a hardware replacement?