System won't boot.

The "Machine \ s" is being retired hence hes just bought in to Apple, seen the System on his Desks at the main office, hence I'm getting his old machines and XP Pro running until 2019 POS I'm well chuffed. I spoke to him last night and told him the grim situation with a enclosure he'd have to buy. Seemed fine about it as long as I can get the DATA from this HDD to the New Machine.

I'm not one to poke around peoples DATA let alone Businesses BUT

:Gasp: :AwwwYea:

EDIT: 05.10am , tbh i2D I have that many systems hear I have no Idea what to do with them. I have Chassis, Fully working systems in the Closet, I have systems in my living room that I have not got Booted, and bits lying around the place like you have never seen. I have 4 Towers running SETI@Home, one Laptop and one server. I have another 3 Systems that are not Booted, inc: One Server. Chassis in the Closet, with fully working components like MoBo's ECT: My head is Boxed when it comes to the Full lot. I have to spend a full day sorting what is working and what is not. I'll have to decide what I want to keep and what I want to get rid of.

The council will Charge hear in my local County £15 for 20 Bags of rubbish, I'll have to ring them up when I sort threw the lot and get rid of some of it. I can imagine it will cost at least £45 to have what I have removed. Considering the likes of one TV is like equivalent of 5 Bags of rubbish.

Lol I wouldnt take them XP machines, you will prob just bin them soon enough.. but If you lived near London I would take some of your other stuff off you :cool:, btw why not just take what you dont want to the recycle plant -its free..

Lol I wouldnt take them XP machines, you will prob just bin them soon enough.. but If you lived near London I would take some of your other stuff off you :cool:, btw why not just take what you dont want to the recycle plant -its free..

I don't know were the Local Recycle Plant is around hear. I could find out online I suppose.

We had a Nightmare time yesterday in the Local office for the Gye I was trying to help. Like I said he had switched from XP Pro and upgraded his systems, and moved over to Apple. Well the DATA and all the various stuff wasn't compatible was it.

He bought a External drive to place the HDD in and use as a USB DATA Drive just by plugging it in and the MAC OS wouldn't recognize the File system. The Drive had just been pulled straight out the Tower and placed in to the SATA Adapter, and even Migration Tool for Apple wouldn't recognize it. It still had the full Infrastructure on it and everything.

Hes still got his HDD with all the Company DATA on it but can't access SAGE or any of the Emails he needed, and calendar Contacts.

I had no Idea what I was doing. I can build, repair, fault find, install new OS, pretty good with windows and Linux Mint but have no idea what to do with Apple Macs and DATA Migration from an XP Machine.

I ended snapping my cap, had a panic attack and nearly curled up and died. I swear i2D the stress yesterday You have got no Idea what it was like. I just wanted to get the God Forsaken hell out of their. Baseline Anxiouty kicked right in and everything Man. Started shaking the lot man.

So I'm lying in Bed and thinking to my self about this Computer hear I have posted about. The System Boots but only once. The Power Supply is fine and has checked out. Their is no error beep code when booting the machine. I've stripped down the full Tower and got it running on one Boot cycle before having to remove the 24 PIN Molex Connector and then thus get another Boot cycle out of it but no VGA - D - SUB input.

That left only one logical explanation. The BIOS Battery was dead. Took the battery out of a Tower I knew was functioning and working fine and thus WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM the full systems booting like it never has before with a new 500 GB SATA HDD in it.

Things running smoothly as ever before now i2D.

Back
Top Bottom