System shut down, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

keko2004

Beta member
hey guys. i recently purchased a cooler master power supply. its a 430w for the lg775 cpus. now i am running a intel 630 cpu ona gigabyte ga-81915p duo(rev 2). everything was working fine, when my system shut down. now, when it shut down i was not able to power back on until i unplugged the power cord for more then 10sec, then it would power on. but, during post it would shutdown and i would have to do the 10 secs again, after that i tried again, maid it to windows logon. shutdown. the weirdest thing. i removed my power supply from my case to let it sit out. i left my comp running for 3 days. no problem. put my power supply back in. shutdown!. ahh im dying. so i removed it again. was running great then it shut down. but it appears to shut down more when its in the case then it does when i remove it from the case. i switched every component that i have in my pc except my cpu. i have a brand new 530j cpu. havnt used it yet though. want to see what you guys say first. anybody have a suggestion? i cant have this problem persist, please help.

This sounds like an overcurrent issue... check to make sure the motherboard isn't contacting the case anywhere where it shouldn't be. Also, remove as many peripheral devices as you can, temporarily, and see if you can keep it going longer. If there isn't a short, but removing all teh drives and fans helps, then the PSU might be underpowered for the system. Remember that wattage isn't important, the current-capacity of each of the voltage rails is.

ok, so i dont believe my mobo is contacting the case. its screwed in properly, the only things on my mobo touching anything on the case are my perifials, which touch the face cover for the perifials. also, how do i check to see if my psu is underpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom