System shut-down after POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

crh0872

Baseband Member
Okay, I just recently had a huge problem after playing star wars battlefront (extreme graphics -- related to the problem??) for about 8 hours straight. After that, I put the computer in hibernation, and I tried to turn it on, but it gave a half a second of power and turned off with a "thump" sound. I came back an hour later and it turned on fine, but when I tried to do something requiring more power, it shut down again. Weird... so i bought a new power supply. Same problem. I have eliminated it down so that I am sure it is NOT the following::

RAM
Hard Disks
CD Drives
Overheating (not quite sure though)
BIOS error (i tried clearing the CMOS)
USB devices
Power Supply

I also remember recently changing a setting (in the BIOS?) that would automatically turn off the computer if it overheated, but i cleared the CMOS, and I haven't had overheating problems for a while. Also, now it shuts down after the Asus logo...not good. I can't even have a few seconds on Windows.

Finally, I think it could have to do with the overheating set to an extremely low setting and therefore shutting down because it thinks it's overheating. The problem with that is that I cleared the CMOS, so it couldn't be in the BIOS (or could it...?) and it now crashes consistantly right after the mobo logo, post test.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Always with complicated problems,

how big is your power supply? its certainly your computer overheating. may be the fans are not cooling the computer enough.

PSU is a CoolMax Real Power 450 watter, and I have a gigantic case fan... I think my settings are too low but doesn't the CMOS hold that so if i clear it it would be gone??? I can't even find the settings in the BIOS though...

I tried different memory, and the PSU is fine cuz I bought a brand new one and it did the same thing. I suppose the new one could be deffective though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom