System problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogs

Beta member
Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me out i built my pc about 2 years ago and its been starting to play up. first when playing games i had pixels all over the place which wernt the correct colour and lines coming of objects so i couldnt see anything playing games. My video card is a ati 9500 by the way. Then after a few days my pc just doesnt boot anymore ive tryed disconnecting stuff like the video card and disk drives to see if its any hardware which is messed up but all i get from the psu is a ringing noise so im wondering if my PSU is gone ? the only thing attached the psu is the motherboard and my heatsink so Is this a psu problem or a motherboard problem.

Ive just found out a old pic of what my video card was doing before i guess it might of been my psu not havent enough power http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2586/shot000022dc.jpg

Yeah I was gonna suggest that the PSU is the problem...your card might be artifacting from overheating but I'm more lead to believe it's the PSU

Lemme know the PSU specifications and then we can find out for a fact

Well i dont really know anything about power supplys but when i ordered my case it said it came wiht a 330 watt psu but ive noticed on the bottom its got a sticker which says 220 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom