System Power Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki_Piru

Solid State Member
Ok, first off, hi im Loki im new here! id like to thank all in advance for reading this thread!

Ok so,im working on my frieds comp which is a HP Pavilion A000 with original MOBO, and a EL Serious 500Watt PS.

The other day the system was shut down as normal but will not start up. If let rest, the cpu fan will spin once maybe when the power button is pressed or the mobo is shorted to turn on.

when i connect a ATX Power Supply Tester to the PS and the PS power ups and gets a charge, i will quickly unplug it from the tester...then into the mobo...

Now with doing this, i can turn my system on, but once its been turned off for a few mins, it looses all power..ive replace the cmose battery, ive changed cmos power settings, ive changed regular system power settings... but nothing fixes this... anyone else run into this or have the same problem? and yes i have tried a diff PS but still same problem... could it be motherboard failure? even though it works fine if i start the PS with a tester then quickly plug into MOBO? this is boggling me badly for the moment! Please help? suggestions if your not sure? solutions if you know? anything will be of help... thanks!

Yup tried that one, tried it with no mem, tried it with all items unhooked and only two PS conections to mobo, i even tried taking mobo out of the case and post it outside, and still nothing, its like it wont get power unless i shock the PS itself with the tester for a few seconds and then quickly plug into the mobo

Nope all looks well, it posts perfect when it decides to allow a post. no strange noises, no smells, everything looks seems and feels AOK besides this darn power issue...id really like to try and see if i can fix it without trying to get a new MOBO, but thats what its lookin like so far...

and heat sync is properly applied and system fans working normal, and all components have tested good as well

actually bios flashing is something i have yet to have any experience in.. i have not tried this nor know what utilities i would need to do this. would you mind at all explaining? or is there a guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom