system posts, but blank screen on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
Everything has been working perfectly fine until a few minutes ago. I was using windows and managed to hit shift multiple times to initiate the "sticky keys" noise from the PC speaker. Then the monitor just went blank, but everything else was running (i could still hear the music that was playing and i could even pause/play the music with my keyboard).

I rebooted and the monitor didn't display anything. Once it got into windows, it displayed. However, I couldn't access the BIOS or safe mode (since the monitor was blank).

I then reset the CMOS and now windows doesn't even load. I just get a blank screen the whole time. The system posts though; the PC speaker makes the usual beep when it posts.

I've tried removing either RAM sticks to no avail.

I'm not sure what else there is to do. I certainly hope the hardware wasn't damaged as it was working perfectly a minute earlier. And I really would prefer not to go through the whole RMA process because I need this thing working ASAP.

So please don't jump the gun to say "your stuff doesn't work anymore, RMA it" unless you're pretty sure.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom