Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Power Supply Antec 750W Modular PSU
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme
Samsung DVD burner
Seagate 1TB Drive 7200 RPM's
RAM: Kingston Hyper X 6GB of DDR3 @ 16000MHZ ( stock also) KHX1600C8D3K3/6GX
Antec Veris Control Panel

Problem:

Computer rarely restarts during the time I am using it. It restarts if I leave stuff downloading overnight or if I leave on during the day. I then have to re-install any software I installed the previous time because it says it was shutdown improperly ( CRASHED).

:angry:

Check the Event Viewer. Start>Run>eventvwr.msc

Tell us what errors you find in there. Without any real information about if it is caused by a BSoD or something that is running or just going into standby we cant really be of help till we try to narrow it down.

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Service Control Manager
[ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
[ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager

- EventID 7023

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-12-08T19:21:43.426706400Z

EventRecordID 4268

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 616
[ ThreadID] 1976

Channel System

Computer Juggernaut-PC

Security

- EventData

param1 Peer Name Resolution Protocol
param2 %%-2140993535

The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error:
%%-2140993535

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-12-11T03:35:37.786811000Z

EventRecordID 5692

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Juggernaut-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Yeah I had same problems, never did anything to it and now ended up with going to format my pc, and now my pc just restart automaticly, it's not even possible to go safe mode, nothing shows on screen I just hear voices that it starts>30secs>restart and goes like that until I turns it off (5secs)

Specifications: (Same as the thread starter obviously^^)
i7 920 ( Stock Speed )
Asus P6T SE Motherboard
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Power Supply Tagan 950W
CPU Cooler: Stock cooler
Samsung DVD burner
Samsung SpinPoint 1TB Drive 7200 RPM's
RAM: Kingston Hyper X 6GB of DDR3 @ 16000MHZ ( stock also) KHX1600C8D3K3/6GX

and I've read some of the BSoD's as I've seen alot to the RAM, probably get a new RAM by the warranty?

any ideas by forum members o_O?

stian4045 said:
any ideas by forum members o_O?
This is not a chat room. It takes time to get a response. When someone sees the post and has an answer they will respond. Sometimes it is a few minutes, sometimes it is a few hours, sometimes no one has an answer.

This also a free site. No one is paid to give answers or advice. Being a pain about it will only undercut your chances of getting a response.

And now you know how it works. ;)

Have you tried stripping it down, removing the RAM and hard drive to see if the mobo beeped at you? Try using a single stick of RAM and see if it works. Try each stick by itself, and try each memory slot on the board. This will help you find both a bad stick of RAM and a bad memory slot.

Have you tried stripping it down, removing the RAM and hard drive to see if the mobo beeped at you? Try using a single stick of RAM and see if it works. Try each stick by itself, and try each memory slot on the board. This will help you find both a bad stick of RAM and a bad memory slot.

My mobo got 6 ram inputs and they're called 1 A&B, 2 A&B, 3 A&B, its Orange and Black inputs, Orange = A, Black = B,

And first time I build my computer I tried all the 3 RAM Sticks in the Black inputs, then I just saw black screen, had no idea but I read in the instructions and it said I gotta have filled the A inputs. then it worked.

and now when I try each stick in the first A input, one of my sticks my mobo sounds like it has no ram.

and when I try each of the 2 other ram sticks in same inputs, my computer starts normal, as it sounds, but just some flashing on and off on monitor o,o.

Really sorry of typo, I'm not that good at writing english, but I hope you understand what I mean.

One of your sticks is bad, that's for sure. I am not familiar with that motherboard so I don't know if it requires three banks of RAM to run or not.

I would definitely RMA/return the RAM set, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom