System Hardware Changes Needs Reboot, Every Boot

Sc00T

Solid State Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64bit Service Pack 1. Every time on first boot the computer screen flashes black and then two messages are displayed saying "Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to take effect". The second message displayed gives me the option to restart now or restart later.

I have tried rebooting different ways and several times consecutively, but nothing seems to matter. All my windows updates are installed including the optional updates.

I have searched for this issue with little luck but found some people discussing it being a driver issue. In device manager however, i have no indication that there are any issues with the drivers.

One thing I think it may be is an issue with the USB 3.0 driver. I have two USB3.0 SS ports on this computer, however whenever I plug a 3.0 device in either port, I almost always get "your device can perform faster" message. Again Device manager shows nothing wrong with this these drivers. The drivers are up-to-date.

Has anyone ever ran into something similar or possible know of some other troubleshooting steps i should take? Thank you for your help.

Attached is an image of the two messages that come up on every boot. Thanks again.
reboot1_zpsqxofaufy.jpg

dllink.html

Okay so I updated the 3.0 Controller and that solved my problem with only having 2.0 functionality. Device manager did not say there was an update, however Intel did have an update on their page so thank you for that but it didn't solve the reboot issue.

I noticed that the screen kept flashing before the messages showed up so i thought to check for a driver update for the graphics card. Again Windows and Device Manager said that the driver was up-to-date, however AMD had an update on their page.

After updating the graphics driver it seemed to correct the issue. I am no longer receiving those messages. I should have known to just check the manufacture's webpage for updates and not to go through windows...

TLDR: Updating the graphics card driver corrected the issue.

Thanks. :)

Never trust the Device Manager's "Check for update". That only checks MS servers against what they have, and not the device manufacturers' latest drivers. Always go to the manufacturer site and check the version manually.

Back
Top Bottom