System Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thayde1

Baseband Member
When I restart my comp, Windows XP Home hangs at the logo page with the blue scroll going back and forth and windows wont load up. Whats the problem?
Specs:
Abit AN8 Ultra
3 x 512mb PC 2700
X850XT Sapphire Radeon 256mb PCI-Express
AMD 64 3700 Sock 939
Seagate 80gb HDD
Atrix 500W PSU

i have os disk. i can boot to it to reformat and etc. it was allowing me to boot in safe mode and i tried to system restore then windows wouldnt let me without having activation key but i lost it and tried to get a new one but it wouldnt find connectivity to let me activate it. so i tried im refomatting now. and ive tried LKG but that didnt work either. could it be the bios?

i tried to update the bios through flash menu (utility for Abit Mobo) and thats when windows wouldnt come up and it hanged at logo screen. then tried to load optimized defaults. and tried removing and reinstalling ram to see if that was the problem but i dunno.

Sounds like it was a bad flash. You can reset the jumpers to reset the bios.

Also, prior to flasing a Bios it should ask if you want to save the old bios into a file. did you save it ?

i reset the CMOS by moving the pin from 1-2 to 2-3 and removed battery and mobo power connections.....still didnt work. i dont think i saved old bios. but i did save a profile previos to doing all this stuff and still didnt work.

its reformatting again....hopefully the files will copy this time. it was files like cyzcoins or something. ive tried repair but once again it asks me for activation key but wont find a connectivity to let me activate. so im tryin a whole new reformat. it boots to disk everytime is the good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom