System fan running constantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejeremy

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

My motherboard recently had some troubles and I was forced to buy a new one. I installed it, no problem, everything is working fine. However, the system fan (same fan as before) now runs constantly as opposed to before on the old motherboard where it turned on and off as needed. Is this a potential problem? Will this cause additional wear and tear on the fan? Is this simply because of the new motherboard? Right now it's loud as ever and if there's any way I can turn it off every now and again I would love to know :)

old motherboard: HP Motherboard A7VBX-LA
new motherboard: Biostar M7NCG-400

Any information is appreciated.

How is the fan connected. If you plug it into the Motherboard, you can controll it. Its fine but the noise may be annoying so you can turn the RPM down.

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, it is plugged directly into the motherboard. When I go into the BIOS screen is there a specific setting I should be looking for, like "Fan RPMs" or will it be worded in terms of voltages or something like that? I did look through the BIOS settings before and nothing jumped out at me.

It usually is in the Hardware monitor in the BIOS. It should say the name of the fan and the RPM next to it.

Ok after doing some research on system cooling and whatnot I'm gonna assume that the BIOS menu options referring to the HDD device are talking about that fan. I think there were 2 options, both were disabled, so I'll try those.

Thanks again :D

thejeremy said:
Ok after doing some research on system cooling and whatnot I'm gonna assume that the BIOS menu options referring to the HDD device are talking about that fan. I think there were 2 options, both were disabled, so I'll try those.

Thanks again :D

Nope hdd is hard drive!

Right...HDD = Hard Disk Drive

I think I read on a site that this fan cools internal devices, it mentioned HDD, and I attributed it to the fan...guess I just got confused. If that's the case I'll stay away from thsoe settings cuz the hard drive is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom