A System Fan Has Failed? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default A System Fan Has Failed?

Hi, my first post here. Basically I removed a Graphics Card with a third party fan, it was a zalman vf900 I beleive and apparently it counts as a system fan, I know how to do most hardware changes myself without really understanding exactly how it works. That and what I did wrong in the first place aside, every time a start up my pc windows comes up with an error message that says something along the lines of Warning a system fan has failed, service the pc to prevent damage to the pc. Press F2 to continue. Now nothing is really wrong with the pc and everything works fine, it boots up normally after pressing F2. It just gets really annoying having to press F2 everytime I boot up my pc. So basically what I want to know is how to tell the pc not to bring up that error. Any help would be very appreciated.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: A System Fan Has Failed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometard View Post
Hi, my first post here. Basically I removed a Graphics Card with a third party fan, it was a zalman vf900 I beleive and apparently it counts as a system fan, I know how to do most hardware changes myself without really understanding exactly how it works. That and what I did wrong in the first place aside, every time a start up my pc windows comes up with an error message that says something along the lines of Warning a system fan has failed, service the pc to prevent damage to the pc. Press F2 to continue. Now nothing is really wrong with the pc and everything works fine, it boots up normally after pressing F2. It just gets really annoying having to press F2 everytime I boot up my pc. So basically what I want to know is how to tell the pc not to bring up that error. Any help would be very appreciated.
Well first off, check to see (while computer is running) if a fan is not moving on anything.... If its not moving then remove it or replace it... That should take care of your problem...

Now if your fans are working, but you are getting that error still then you might check in the bios for disabling warnings (but becareful in what you do here)...

I'm not sure if any of that helps, but thats what I would do first...
Closed Thread