System Fan Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Ok now I'm starting to get really frustrated. I went to the Big E today and when I got home, my parents went to turn on their PC on to play some Pogo, but when they turned it on they get the following message with a black screen in the back ground

"ERROR: System Fan Failure
System shutting down in 10 seconds"

Then it shuts down.

So I took it apart Cleaned everything inside and out. Cleaned all 3 fans CPU, Case, and even the power supply fan hooked it back and left the panel off to see if everything is running properly, needless to say all the fans are running fine, so I have no clue what it could be. Anyone have any ideas?

HP 544N
P4G533-LA motherboard
Intel Celeron 82 2.0ghz Processor.

something might be wrong with the sensor or the fan its self.
Since u said the fans work fine go to BIOS and set the Fan options to Ignore e.g. all the info that it says about the fan(s) such as RPM volts etc set all of them to Ignore
this is not recommemded but its the only thing that can work from preventing the 10sec shutdown.

maybe the RPM on the system fan might be low this may also cause this errror

right when u hit the power button hit Delete
some other compters have different functions lik my Intel P3 uses F2, and like my AMD athlon uses delete. those are the basic ones

is it a stock fan (the one the cpu comes with?) if not it could be that your MB and the fan have some compatibility issues?

my guess is the CPU fan is not plugged into the socket on the motherboard labelled as CPU fan

if it is, then you'll need to go into the BIOS, and set it to ignore the CPU fan
like sylwek said, you get into it during boot-up.
the buttons are usually delete or F1, sometimes it's F10 or F2 (though not usually)

Ok I pressed F1 to get into Bios and I shut down the Case fan because it would go from N/A to reading about 600RPM and would not stop switch. Once I did that it booted without a problem.

is it a stock fan (the one the cpu comes with?) if not it could be that your MB and the fan have some compatibility issues?
The processor fan is an after market Intel fan that I picked up, because the stupid PC didnt come with a CPU Fan, but in bios it shows it at 1600RPM or higher all the time

my guess is the CPU fan is not plugged into the socket on the motherboard labelled as CPU fan
Yup its plugged into the header labeled CPU fan, it is right not to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom