system failed CPU test

Status
Not open for further replies.

X2Xtreme360

In Runtime
I have an ASUS P4P800-E deluxe. I have gotten the "system failed CPU test" voice error before but I just simply cleard the CMOS to fix the problem. This time it's a bit more complicated. Everything was fine, I had just updated my BIOS about an hour ago and got a CMOS checksum error a couple of times, nothing too big though. It stopped doing it after a while. I was browsing my desktop when all of a sudden my computer locked up (first time it's ever locked up) Upon reboot I got the "system failed CPU test" voice error message so I tried to reset my CMOS. I got nothing, same error message. I even uninstalled the CPU and reinstalled it again. I still get the same message. I need help, I don't know what's going on.

What worked for me when i had the same mobo and error was removing ram sticks until i only had 1 inserted.

OK I've gotten some more information on my problem so maybe I can get some more help. My RAM has been working ever since I booted up for the first time (3-4 months) so I'm thinking it's not that.

As I said before, I continue to get the "system failed CPU test" from the female voice on my PC. All LED's turn on and hard drives spin fine, floppy makes the "eeh" noice, etc. The only thing that takes place is the monitor remains in "stand by" mode (LED stayes orange instead of turning green and powering on) and I get the message. I did look on the ASUS site where I downloaded the BIOS upgrade and next to OS, it says DOS. All the other versons say ALL next to OS. Does this DOS mean that the bios can only be upgraded through DOS or what? I flashed using the ASUS utility.

I was able to boot up about 2 times after the upgrade with the BIOS post message saying CMOS checksum error both times (never happened on a regular basis until I upgraded the BIOS) then it locked up while browsing and upon reboot I got the black screen followed with the "system failed CPU test" message. I have my BIOS chip packaged up and ready to be mailed to ASUS so they can hotflash it for me and send it back, but I just wanted some more input before I give it up for a couple of weeks.

PS. Forgot to mention that the BIOS I upgraded with is a 001 file? While all the other ones are ROM files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom