System Driver Error - New Win7 PC build problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyA

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here and have built a couple machines in the past but never had problems until recently with my newest build.

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and it seemed to take much longer than usual for it to load up. After it completed installation it rebooted and gave me a black screen with the error message:

Info: "Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt."

File: \Windows\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys

I tried repairing it with the windows disk like it recommends, I tried deleting the partition and reinstalling windows on a new one, I checked the bios and it seemed to recognize everything to be good, I ran memtest and the memory tested out to be okay, and nothing has worked or really helped me get an idea of what the problem may be. I'm thinking it's a hardware issue so here's my specs:

Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3
Intel C2Q Q8400 2.66Ghz
A-Data 4GB DDR3 1333 (PC10666)
MSI N250GTS 1GB 256-bit OC GDDR3
OCZ Stealth X Stream 700W PS
Western Digitial Caviar Blue 1TB HD
Asus DRW 24B1ST 24X DVD Burner

I looked in the stickies up top to see if there were any info but couldn't find any so I hope this isn't a respot. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to TF

Try running your system with the bare eessentials of hardware and from there if you can get it to boot and one piece at a time and boot and repeat you may have a faulty part that windows is rejecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom