system bottle neck - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: system bottle neck

I first started having this problem with Ghost Recon AW and C&C3. With C&C3 the game would quit back to windows without resetting the resolution and I would get an error that says "OUT_OF_MEMORY in the following addresses....” So I put another 512 of ram in it and it helped a little, but, it started to do it again and now it is just BSOD's. Neither developer could help me with the problem. They just said the graphics card was not supported.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFetusThatDances View Post
I think you got hit with some sarcasm there. I don't see why your having problems upgrading your Video Drivers. Have you downloaded the Mobility Catalyst 7.4 drivers? If not you can download it here. Also you shouldn't have to uninstall your device to upgrade your driver. The Catalyst driver should just be an install file that you run and it does all the updating for you.
I have, yes. That is the one that HP tells me to use (i think, i will check). But it is old.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to TheDancingFetus Send a message via MSN to TheDancingFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerves View Post
I have, yes. That is the one that HP tells me to use (i think, i will check). But it is old.
7.4 is the newest release form ATI. It came out in April of this year. If you were running a gig of memory and your system said you ran out something is seriously wrong. How many processes are you running? I'm sure you do virus scans with Norton. Have you downloaded any pieces of software that looked a little shady? If you have and Norton is not picking up a virus you might have a good ol' rootkit.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ATI Video Driver and Control Panel

8.351-070302A-44847bC
30 Mar 2007

This is there latest. I'll download it and see if it helps, but I think the damage is done until I can reformat.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFetusThatDances View Post
7.4 is the newest release form ATI. It came out in April of this year. If you were running a gig of memory and your system said you ran out something is seriously wrong. How many processes are you running? I'm sure you do virus scans with Norton. Have you downloaded any pieces of software that looked a little shady? If you have and Norton is not picking up a virus you might have a good ol' rootkit.
I'm not familiar with that. How do I deal with that?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to TheDancingFetus Send a message via MSN to TheDancingFetus

rootkits are nasty, and they are really hard to remove. Read up on them here, crazy stuff.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
I know <html>, do you?

Send a message via AIM to SYL\X/3K Send a message via Yahoo to SYL\X/3K
Talking Re: system bottle neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerves View Post
This is my gameing system. I will never buy HP again!!
lol. never liked them from the beginning,
i like the printers tho

.....:::::POST Troubleshooting Steps.___.My Rig.___.Memory Test:::::.....
Closed Thread