Swapping PCI vid card to AGP and get Check Signal message. Why?
So, I have a new FX Dominator 5500 AGP 8x/4x video card. Replacing a PCI Rage 3D IIC. Installed AGP card, got "Check Signal" message. My questions are as follows:
1. Do I need to Uninstall Driver for PCI card in Device Manager?
2. In the event I am unable to install the AGP card, can I just go back to Device Manager and click on "Update Driver" to reinstall the PCI card? Or do I need to download driver from the ATI website? Reason I ask this, is I could not find the specific driver there. Only options on ATI/Drivers for XP are Rage 128/128 Pro, Rage Pro and Rage XL. But not my IIC.
3. After I uninstall driver for PCI card, do I need to go into BIOS and tell it under Integrated Peripherals/Init Display First and change from PCI to AGP? Or should that change automatically when I plug in AGP card.
4. I bought a 8x/4x card because the guy at the computer store said it would work with my AGP 4x. Is this true?
5. Lastly, when I go into BIOS/Advanced Chipset Features/AGP & P2P Bridge Control, my two options are 2X and 1X. Shouldn't this be 4x if that is what the box for the mobo says?
If you are reading this and can answer any or all of these questions, that would be so cool!!! TIA