Swapping out hdd's in lenovo desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
you can connect the cd/dvd-rom to the hard cables .. to make sure they are working :)

try & tell me .. I'm waitting ..

I can stay on-line for 2 more hours only :( then I'll be back after 5 hours ....

Okay so I connected the cd/dvd-rom connectors and it took forever to get past the post. but then I got a message from windows giving me different booting options. Safe mode etc. I chose start windows normally and I got the blue screen error message again. Then I restarted and got the same message again giving me boot options so I picked last know good configuration and I got the blue screen error message again.

good

the HDD works with the cd/dvd-rom connectors .. Now reinstall windows xp .. it will not work since it is installed on another computer ..

for the slow post is because it is having a hard time discovering IDE devices ... that may be the hdd or the cd/dvd-rom .. check it in the post << press "Tab" to see what's going on if there is a pic in the post ..

okay, the bios is detecting the hdd now!!!! Sorry if this sounds stupid but how should i install the cd/dvd-rom now? I tried hooking it up to the ide cable i originally connected to the ide hdd and it's not registering in the bios?? The way unit is set up inside I can't connect hdd and cd/dvd-rom on one ide cable as master and slave.

:) ..
I'm trying to solve that !

try to connect the cd/dvd-rom to the hdd old cables !! keep the hdd on the cables it is working on ..
does the bios see the cd/dvd-rom ?
also make sure the cd/dvd-rom is set to master

Yes I have the cd/dvd-rom hooked up on the old cables and kept the hdd on the cables it's working on and no the bios still doesn't see it. I took the jumper off completley and rebooted and the bios still doesn't see it. I will try the other two settings and report back lol.:)

I tried to get the type of the motherboard but I got nothing !
I want to know how many Ide connectors are on the MB ? & how many sata connectors ?

Okay I tried all 3 of the different settings and nothing. I left the jumper on the master and tried booting again and the bios still won't detect the cd/dvd-rom

Sorry I didn't know you posted already.

There are two ide connectors on the mobo. IDE 1 and IDE 2. Currently the hdd is connected to IDE 1.
And there are two SATA connectors on the mobo aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom