Swapped hard drives now disk says is unformatted

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie_master

Baseband Member
basically i took a hard drive out of an external casing, installed it and an eSATA card into my pc.

at first i forgot to change the drive from cable select and the computer wouldnt boot. i remembered and changed it to slave as it was the second IDE drtive on the cable. it started to boot and then said i had a DISK BOOT FAILURE.

i took the hard drive out and put it back into the external case and now the computer boots fine but whenever i try and use the external drive it says that it is unformatted. i have tried the hard drive in 3 different computers.

whats going on?

Cameron

its not really a card as such. it goes into one of the panels at the back of the case where expansion cards go but it has a cable that connects to a normal SATA port on the motherboard.

the drive is not brand new and was working fine before i put it in but now it wont work in ANY computer that i try it in.

i did think that maybe the eSATA thing had something to do with it but i dismissed this idea straight away as it would just be the same as putting anything on the sata port wouldnt it?

i am also running the Western Digital hard drive diagnostic tool on it and when that is done ill run seatools.

Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom