Sunbeam Core-Contact Controler - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Sunbeam Core-Contact Controler

Hello,

I think my Sunbeam Core-Contact freezer Controler is faulty, but I dont want to send the entire thing back as I already installed it and dont want to waste time just for that small item.

My first question is if this is a big issue and will I have problems with this in the future?

Another quesiton is if you guys know anywhere I can buy juat that item?

Thanks

Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Sunbeam Core-Contact Controler

why do you think it's faulty?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to NightSurge

Mine was like this as well. Upon closer inspection, one of the wires that are connected to the 3 pin motherboard connector was just loose and coming out. After I made sure all those wires were firmly pressed into the 3 pin connector, the controller worked perfectly and now pushes out a lot more air from what I can tell.

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
why do you think it's faulty?
When connected with the controler the fan does not work. When I took the controler out and hooked up the fan directly to the PSU and Mobo it works fine.

I will have a closer look and the wires, but at first glance I didnt see any loose wires.

If I find that theres nothing I can fix, what would you suggest? Anywhere I can find this item?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to NightSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhas View Post
When connected with the controler the fan does not work. When I took the controler out and hooked up the fan directly to the PSU and Mobo it works fine.

I will have a closer look and the wires, but at first glance I didnt see any loose wires.

If I find that theres nothing I can fix, what would you suggest? Anywhere I can find this item?
It is just a simple fan controller. Should be able to find tons of possible replacements. I agree, it is not worth sending the whole thing back over. Perhaps a call to Sunbeam tech support will get you a free replacement shipped to you.

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I wouldn't worry about it either. I have it and I honestly never touch it. Good choice on cooler. I love mine!

Closed Thread