Suggest me an Wi-Fi card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Baseband Member
Suggest an Wi-Fi router

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Bro!

I'm from India n I have an basic pc with following config:

AMD 2000+ XP
ASUS Mobo with AGP slot
512MB RAM
40 GB HDD
Sony DVD Writer
No graphics card
WinXP Pro as OS

I wana wi-fi card for my system.I don't know much about how wi-fi works,it's qualities,about range,etc. Please provide some info regarding wi-fi cards.
Also suggest me an average cars but of best quality.I wana use it for net surfing only.It may b upto 2K :cool:

THANKS ANYWAYS!

This should be in the networking section. About your question, Are you looking for a router or a adapter? I have had good luck with Linksys products.

Hello Jax,

how long of a range are we talking here? Are you going to be shooting Internet across a small town or just from your basement to your upstairs? I really like LinkSys stuff (dido Memory...) and have always had great luck with it. However, I can tell you that if you are looking for max range, I have been messing with the really high end Belkin stuff and have been having some good luck with it. The Belkin products are harder for me to use, even with an extensive background in dealing with wireless specs I still seem to mess them up sometimes.

I would say for all around cost verses function, Linksys is your number one bet.

Peace~~

Actually Im studying in an Uni. and the admin. has provided us wi-fi con. in our hostel
I only want to surf internet on my PC
My mobo has 'AGP 8x slot' for wi-fi card
I have budget of 2000 Rs. of Indian currency as I'm frm India

So can it be connected via usb port?
Wht's d other alternative to get that card connected with my PC?
Thx anyways...

For USB why not just get a Wireless USB Adapter? - My Netgear 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 stick works a treat :)

Well my mobo don't have PCI slot.It only have AGP slot.
So wht's d solution than...How can I connect wireless card to my PC?

Well, if you don't have any normal PCI slots (not PCI-E, that's more for graphics cards, and you have AGP), your best bet will be something like what Bugg said, a wireless USB adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom