Sudden OVERHEATING!Help NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all u should never fix or do anything on ur computer while on the carpet or if the machine is on it because u can SERIOUSLY do permanent damage to your whole system .

thats good that u touch ur case before ur reaching in but is the power cable still plugged in ?

as u said that u where electrified twice sounds lik u also killed ur system .

however if it still boots ur in luck
if not ur mobo is done

to properly ground ur self before getting started the power cable should be pluged in to the outlet and ur computer and the back power switch should be ON, then touch the frame, while touching it turn the switch OFF and pull the power cable. now ur grounded, but stay away from carpet(s).

well u already hav detected it TWICE :p
and theres nothing that can be done because its like taking 250v and sticking it up a dogs a** , dont think that dog would of survived.

ohh i forgot to mention..i got struck twice not on my mobo..i got it from my old PSU which i already salvaged..my mobo at the time is still harmless to me..n i already throw away my old PSU to my neighbor compund Lol!!:)So..is it the dog a** theory still considered?LOL!
So..is it still bcoz of the ESD?i really need to fix it somehow...

was the PS pluged to ur mobo when u where struck ?

if yes ur computer shouldn't even boot and its dead for good
if no mobo should be ok

i don't quite remember if i plug the mobo or not...whut do u mean 'shudn't even boot'?

My Pc rite now dont give any POST n only the LED is light on..is that count as dont boot anymore..Shud i resetting the CMOS as my last resort?gunna be poor soon.sigh..

after a mobo gets hit by a Electrostatic Discharge or by a power surge (similar thing) most mobos are toast
wat i mean it 'shouldn't even boot' means everything goes on lik fans,HD, Cd-rom,led lights,etc but the boot page doesnt show (black screen where it gives u the computer info) or POST wat people call it. Resetting the CMOS is highly unlikily to solve the problem pretty much theres nothing that can fix it unless u take it a mechanic witch he/she can then diagnose the failure.

I my self just had a similar problem lik urs and my whole mother board is fried from constanly restarting my pc because of freezing.
:( looks lik we need to get our selves new mobo's uless theres a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom