Sudden OVERHEATING!Help NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizt

Solid State Member
Does someone can help me with my problem? My processor is overheating on the very start of bootup.(90C)! I have read all kind of forum and none had solved my problem.I have checked my heatsink and placed it very2 properly.I even changed my thermal paste to arctic silver.I do have only one stock fan but i dont think it because of lack of fan.I have removed both side of my casing. What do concern me is that i am hearing cracking crispy sound like voltage leakage or something.But its random..My pc would suddenly shutdown when the sound occurs.I do think that it might be my processor or my board..At first i thought that it might be my PSU but i checked in my BIOS and everything seem 2 be ok.Plzz help me!

SpeCs:
Intel P4 2.66 Ghz
Intel Mobo 915PLWD
GigaByte 6600Le 256 Mb
2G DDR
Audigy 2Zs

when did this problem start occuring? that sound is the processor begining to fry i wouldnt turn it on untill you figure this out luckly for you you have an INTEL processor which are very good at being stable even without a heatsync AMD's fry almost instantly. try upgrading the fan that is a relitively cheap fix. but when did this start occuring?

juzt a week ago.Actually i just upgrade my computer about past 5 month..So it is my mobo could b defect so quickly?Duh...I'm quite budget in this u know.

What could be the cause of my processor begins to fry?Is it because of my mobo or the processor itself?Is there anyway i could figure it out?I dun have any spare mobo or processor that i could check it out.

sounds like bad processor not 100% sure on that though also make sure you have a steady airflow and no cables are blocking airflow out of the case.

ok.here's what i done to my pc lately after my problem..I have disconnected and unplug all my devices and turn it on power supply on my left and mobo wif processor on my right..I detected that its my power supply make the crispy sound and i have changed it to a new one this morning..
However,these new power supply can't power up my pc!!WTF! I tried again wif my old PSU and seem it can't power up my pc too!Weird eh?BTW, my new PSU is 420W(older 600W)..I dunt think that it cant deliver enuf power if u want to say that..
The sympthom is that when i press the power button,the led switch on and the fan start running but just for a while..about 2 seconds it come to a halt..like theres no power supplied..but the LED is still on..any advice on this?

check for any blown compacitors on the mobo. if the compacictors hav a lump on top OR if there blown change them. its hard to find matching compacitors in retail store so i suggest to get them from another mobo. i used to hav a similar problem lik urs

i have checked the mobo and found nothing wrong wif my mobo..BTW,how to detect if my mobo had been getting static electric?i do have LED on my mobo and it light on when i plug the power cable...so i'm sure theres power supplied to my mobo rite?

P/s: I have just get electrified 2 times already!

do u hav carpet near ur computer?,
if yes u probably didnt ground ur self when got inside ur computer

also ur main power cable is probably messed up, the grounder isnt working properly

i suggest to change or get a new power cable

yes..i do have carpet near my pc..but i'm always touching my Pc case before i'm reaching the internal component..but if it really bcoz of static electricity..is there anything i could do to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom