Stuttering and random pausing in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolbrz

Beta member
Does anyone know what I could do to get rid of the stuttering and pausing problems I am having in BF2, 2142 and more in Project Reality? I have a P4 3.4 with 2 gigs of memory, running on XP. My video card is a Geforce 6800 GT OC 256mb. My computer has more than enough power to run my games. At times it runs great then the stuttering starts for a couple of seconds and maybe longer then it goes back to normal. When I turn and look in different directions, it pauses and stutters also. WTF!! My video drivers are up to date. Any suggestions would help. Should I lower the AGP aperture in the BIOS to 64mb instead of 128?

I think you should aim your concentration towards your hard drive and or CD Rom drives. Check SMART status on hard drive. The drive may be failing and those pauses you are experiences is the disk drive going offline to reallocate and recover bad sectors.

by chance , have you run any virus / spyware scans lately?

how much is running in the background?

Actually I just formatted. I was wondering about my hard drive. Poorman, how do I check the SMART status thing you were talking about? Now that I think about it, I installed some older games like Halo and Unreal Tournament 2004 and they ran perfect online. My connection is good so I know it's not my internet. I can't beleive my video card would be the problem since I have had it when BF2 first came out and it ran great then. Think I should try to overclock my vid card a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom