Stuttering computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaersyth

Solid State Member
Hey, i have a Dell laptop and with an odd problem i wonder if anyone can help on here...

Ill give you some basic spec first, the laptop has

Windows XP Media edition
Intel core 2 duo T7200 (2.00GHz each)
2 Gigs of ram
PCI Express Geforce 7900 GS
Samsung HM120JI 80gb Harddrive

My laptop seems to run fine in windows and doing the usual tasks like browsing the internet and stuff but when i play some game and watch video's every few seconds my computer will stuter for like a second.

I have done a few tests and stuff to get an idea of what the problem could be. Keep in mind aswell i have heard a few clicks here and there from the harddrive.

1. In newer games it seems to stutter alot more even when it shoudnt stutter whatsoever. It seems though that older games are fine. Its wierd it seems that if im stationairy a game runs pretty well but if im moving (if it is loading new objects onto the screen) it stutters as if something is having a hard time processing it... im wondering if the harddrive is a bit nakered and when it is transfering data, because its a bit broken (if it is) it causes games to stutter. Im not sure.

2. Videos, like say a dvd when im running from the harddrive, stutters every few seconds all the way throughout playing the dvd, its quite annoying.

3. I have done virus checks and everything, scandisk, diskcleanup, defrag.... as i said i have also heard a few clicks from the harddrive now and then, im wondering really if its the hardrive, the cpu, memory or graphics card.

Is this the sort of problem a harddrive could cause if it is a bit faulty?

I know this doesnt help but I also have this problem with my desktop. And I have all new top of the line parts. It will mainly do it when i listen to music or watch a video. About every minute or two. Ive been running memtest and other programs and tried to get help here but no one had a answer for me. So good luck and I hope you can get it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom