Stumped! Can you shed any light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. 2 days ago my Razer Copperhead has started acting up. It's a USB mouse for those that don't know. The problem is that it's started to stop working randomly during use. (All of a sudden, the cursor won't move.) Sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it works again.

I've downloaded and install all the latest < (Razer Copperhead Drivers and Firmware). I've also reinstalled the windows USB drivers. All other USB devices have worked fine and i haven't had any problems with them at all. Even when the mouse goes out, I can still use other USB devices. So I think it's safe to say, it's not a USB issue.

Do you think there is something wrong with the mouse?

I know you're a smart enough guy, but just in case... You tried this mouse in another port, didn't you?

Otherwise, you could try taking the mouse apart and see if there is any loose power connections inside of it. Does the optical light stay turned on even when the mouse is out of operation?

Ryan

lol - thank's for the compliment.

yeah, the first thing I tried was plugging it into another USB port. Now, i've tried them all actually. Even my front panel ports. Same issue. All the lights on the copperhead still are on even when it's not working. There is a reset button at the bottom and i've even used that when it's not working and it still doesn't work until I unplug it and plug it back into the USB port.

I've sent an email to Razer detailing this issue and i'm waiting for their reply. Hopefully they will issue me an RMA and I can get this thing replaced. It's been my favorite mouse and I want it working.

As soon as I hear from them, i'll post back letting everyone know what's going on.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for replying FghtinIrshNvrDi. Much appreciated!

sorry for not helping, but if you need help speculating, I'm your guy! Good luck, and I hope it's a routine problem that they'll take care of without too much hassle.

Ryan

Well, Razer has responded to my email. They've basically asked for a bunch of information, name & Address... serial # & model number. Then at the bottom it says, "Please note we require the full packaging be returned."

Well heck.. I've had this mouse of like 5 months. I've recently moved and I don't have the packaging anymore. I have all the stuff that came with it, but not the box and stuff.

So i replied with all the info and an explaination of why I don't have the packaging. They better issue me an RMA. Or i'll freakin' boycott RAZER. I'll convert to Logitech - I hear there better anyway!...

So what are you're predictions? Do they issue an RMA or bust my stones about no packaging?

I was having the sam problems with my LX7 and then i got a decent mousepad and it stopped sticking in places on the screen. I dont know if that will help at all but thats what fixed my problem.

Its the mouse going kaputt on ya. My first Razer did the same thing untill it finally gave me the finger. I promtly went out to Circuit City and bought an MX510, wich BTW hasn't had any mouse realted problems.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Its the mouse going kaputt on ya. My first Razer did the same thing untill it finally gave me the finger. I promtly went out to Circuit City and bought an MX510, wich BTW hasn't had any mouse realted problems.

Logitech has given me a lot of problems. I bought wireless keyboard, and it randomly stops working, out of the blue, it has full battery too. My mx310 is crap, in the middle of counter-strike sessions, when I'm awping, I pull out my deagle to shoot some guy, I get a shot off and keep clicking but it basically does absoloutly nothing at all, so I get killed around 95% of the time unless it feels like taking a break from sucking complete anus.

I will probobly never buy a logitech keyboard again, ever, nor a mouse, my gateway keyboard worked better then this logitech, and that's saying something. When I get some spare cash, I will buy a microsoft keyboard and a razer mouse, I know the microsoft keyboard won't fail me, but I'll see about razer.

My USB mouse fails to come to life on boot-up every now and then. If I unplug it and move to a different port, it usually works (but not always).

I was thinking it was Windows having the hiccups.

I've had a Keningston mouse for almost a year now.. awesome ergo's, awesome comfort, awesome price (only 20 bucks) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom