Stuck at Windows loading page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolv

AKA , gt7sanremo
I'm trying to add another hard drive to my computer. I have already a 80gig IDE drive and I'm connecting an old SATA seagate 250gig with everything cleared off it. I connect it to the sata 1 plug on the mother board and plug in the power. I boot up my computer and go into bios and it recognizes it, but for some reason it says its in sata 5 port. Then it continues loading and gets to the windows xp loading screen and stays there forever. I don't know whats wrong? I can never get into windows. With the 250gig drive disconnected my computer boots up normally. Someone tell me whats wrong.

try hooking up just the seagate drive and see what happens.Do you have the jumpers set correctly ?

Have you tried changing the boot order in the BIOS so it picks up the 80GB hard drive first? I wonder if there's presedence with IDE and SATA? Hmmm. I never had that combo before. Usually for me, it's all IDE or all SATA but now, all SATA.

I am not able to do that because I can't boot to windows at all when they are both hooked up. When the 250 sata is disconnected, meaning the power and sata cable, then I can boot up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom