Stuck Pixel on new LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristocracy

Beta member
Just got a new 24" LCD Monitor, and was pretty excited as it rolled out of the UPS truck.
Finally got everything set up and turned it on, then bam...
One red pixel almost dead center on the screen.
I've been searching around online about dead pixels, which in turn educated me to believe it was a 'stuck' pixel, as opposed to dead. Considering it's said that dead pixels are often known to be black.
Either way, I tried using JScreenFix and UndeadPixel 2.1 and neither of those have helped.
There are other suggestions, which require physically tampering with the screen. Such as applying pressure with a blunt-tipped instrument similar to a stylus, while the screen is off then turn it back on, etc...

Guess my question is, are there any other techniques or software utilities I could try that people know about?
I'd really rather not have to ship it back for a replacement if I don't have to, and I don't feel too comfortable with the off-chance of damaging the monitor if I start poking at it.

Thank you, to anyone/everyone ahead of time.

I don't want to sound like captain obvious here, but I would be contacting the shop / manufacture about their dead / bright pixel policy.

Just looked at the warranty and it says if it doesn't have over 3 Dead Pixels, I can't send it back in. >:|

LOL. Holy crap, I just fixed it by rubbing it. Haha.
I love everyone.

Aw, so much for that joy.
Popped back up. Lol.

OKAY. So it's gone away again, and hasn't popped back up. So maybe I'm good to go.
Just... lock this thread or something and ignore me. I'll massage it like a latino salsa dancer if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom