is it STUCK pixel or DEAD pixel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
hi.

i've read lots about dead and stuck pixels on LCD screens before.. i've read some articles on how to revive stuck pixels as well..

i finally got myself an LCD screen.. and right out of the box i get this DISTRACTING dot near the center of my screen... just great..

now. problem is i can't seem to tell i fit's a DEAD pixel (which cant be fixed) or a STUCK pixel (which can be fixed)...

i can't tell whether it's green, white, red, blue, or black...

I tried putting it on a background with WHITE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, RED and BLACK colors... it can be seen on all colors except black..

does this mean a DEAD pixel?! coz it sure dont look that black.. or im just not used to this..

please help

Don't even bother trying to fix it...Does it have warranty? Get a replacement or your money back. Cheers!

Stick your eye really close next to it and see what colour it is. Alternatively take a picture of it.

Also poke it to see if it goes away.

erm most montors wont be covered under warrenty by one dead pixel adn i doubt youve payed for the class 1 warrenty, you can fix it by apllying a small amount of pressure to it and rubing in a circular motion with your thumb or get a stuck pixel fxing program,, they make the screen flash very quickly in variousl colours to unstick the pixel,, if its dead, hard luck bro

done both the rubbing and software tecnique (jpixel online stuff). no avail..

i really can't get a fix on its color.. it's soo small.. maybe it is black.. coz wen on a black background it blends.. with any other color it stands out.. am i making sensE?

I had this problem too. What I did was,

1.Turn Of Monitor
2. Put Slight Pressure on the Point
3. Turn Monitor back on.

And it should be fixed. It worked for me with my Acer AL1916W

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom