Stuck On Checkdisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1cd

Solid State Member
Well, This is what happens, on my laptop (Dell Latatide D600 With nothing changed =P) It Goes into Checkdisk, and after it is done checking everything, it tell me

Windows has Finshed Checking the Disk.

And Just Stays there, Windows Doesnt load or anything >.<

I had that for a few days, then i tried to install another install of Windows XP, now i can get onto the computer and edit files from the first one ( The one that Wont Load)

But when i go into
C:/Windows ( I put new install in /Windows2) and into the "tasks
" folder witch i assume would have the part to run checkdisk on my next boot, nothing is there >.< and now on top of that my internet Connection on the new install isnt working ( error 769o_O)

So im wondering if there is anyway to stop the checkdisk from comming up on the first Install of Windows

Thanks for anyhelp :)

Boot off a Windows XP CD. When you enter the area were you setup hard drive partitions, delete all partitions and create a new one the entire size of the drive. Format this partition using NTFS not FAT32.

Continue with installation of Windows XP.

Note: that you will lose all data on the laptop.

'Check disk' (scandisk) will never appear again.

905it said:
Boot off a Windows XP CD. When you enter the area were you setup hard drive partitions, delete all partitions and create a new one the entire size of the drive. Format this partition using NTFS not FAT32.

Continue with installation of Windows XP.

Note: that you will lose all data on the laptop.

'Check disk' (scandisk) will never appear again.
Thanks, Sorry id didnt reply sooner, was busy o-o

I went ahead and formated my disk and now that checkdisk thing is gone ^_^ but my internet is still not working,

It tells me
Opening Prot
Error 769 the speicec destation could not be reached

and from my device manger, there are a bunch of yellow ! marks in the Other Devices dropdown list

do you have broadband ?

is it cable ?

or dsl ?

if it is dsl you will need to create a dsl "dialer " in new connection wizard in accessories. plug in your user name and password.

also look in control panel / system / hardware / devices
make sure everything installed....especially your network card
which is sort of what Nuke said

it is what i did, where i have one post, then after i submit i get anothe idea, instead of editing the first post and adding my thought to the first post . I create a whole new post.
to humor NUKE I will try that apparently that sets him off for some reason, might be in the rules not to do either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom