stuck at bios please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerotolerance

Baseband Member
I recently encountered a problem where i boot up my computer and it does not boot into windows (vista). This is exactly what happens..The computer boots up and displays the Asus logo screen however it is displayed longer than usual. The next screen is a black screen which shows bios information. I cannot figure out what the problem is and i cannot even get a cd to boot, I tried putting in my windows cd to try and reformat but the same screen appears as stated above. I also tried to reset the bios but that didnt work either. If anyone has any experience or knowledge with this issue please post..it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you check the boot sequence in the BIOS? Make sure you have a CD/DVD drive set to boot first, then your hard disk. I had that happen once and that was my fix. I also had it happen once before when I had a Hard Drive die on me. Hoping maybe you can switch the boot sequence and boot from your Vista disk to fix any potential damage.

It could be possible that its not detecting your hard drive. I would go with Shafra's solution first though.

okay..after playing around with it a little bit..i was beginning to think the same thing about not being able to read the hard drive. Then i Remembered that the computer would sometimes boot up and sometimes not so then i got to thinking mabye it was a faulty connection. For some reason I found that i used an extra sata piece that came with the hard drive instead of using the sata cable directly from the psu. So i took the extra one out plugged the hd into the cable from the psu and wallah. IT WORKS! Either this cable is no longer good or i have too much **** plugged in everywhere..anyways this cable is history. THanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom