Stress Test PC - Need Free Utility (DOS Based)

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmewilson

Baseband Member
I need a free dos based bootable pc stress test ultility to check whats wrong with my friends old pc, I think it's dead CPU but want to check before getting a new one.

What happens is the pc powers on with usual black screen with white text where it detects the hardware i.e optical drive, hard disk and it does find CPU then starts to load windows xp then shows a blue screen of death for about a second too quick to read then just reboots and does the same over and over.

It was only recently built from surplus parts then fully tested everything including mainbaord passed then a few months later pc was making a grinding noise which was a warn out cpu fan I think it did it off and on although the fan is spinning ok now but clicks sometimes.

My friend said at one time the pc was silent no fan sound and then started freezing/rebooting then eventually gave up. CPU is old AMD K7.

Could this be the cpu and should it be ok after a replacement. Please can you also point me to where I can get a test utility (non windows based).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom