strange things are afoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
well, i dont know whether this should go here, or in windows, so i will post here.

every now and then (maybe once, sometimes twice a week) when i leave my computer for a while, it goes into screensaver mode (blank screen) and then into monitor standby. it is not set to hibernate or standyby. when i get back to it (often after 30-40 mins) whatever i do, i cannot get the monitors out of standby. i have to hard boot. i am going to try setting the monitors to stay on, and see what happens, but i am just wondering if anyone has even experienced this before?

Nah never had that exact problem, but I once had an issue with my old PSU, it won't let me get back out of standby until I replaced it with a better one.

I got this from my A+ book "Problems might occur if system BIOS is turning off the monitor because of power management settings, and Windows is also turning off the monitor. If the system hangs when you try to get the monitor going again, try disabling one or the other setting."

Just thought it would be helpful.

.... please tell me this isnt the problem..

right click on your desktop > properties > screen saver > power management. when your there, it should say turn off monitor: ___

:)

i have disabled that now, but it used to be on. The problem is, sometimes once the monitors are in standby, i cant get it out withought hardbooting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom