Strange problem with a Soundblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxyer

Beta member
Hey guys, I recently got my hands on an old soundblaster live! 5.1, (model number sb0060), and I would really like to get it working in my computer.

When I install the card (physically) and boot up the computer, it doesn't display in the device manager at all, nothing, zippo. Therefore, I can't install drivers for it, the software says "No soundblaster was detected on your system".

I then tried another card in that pci slot, and it worked fine, I also tried the soundblaster in another computer, and it worked fine too!

Even though I'm running 64 bit windows 7, the older card I used to test the slot with showed up fine.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'd rather not pay the $150au to get a card that actually does sound processing. :p

Thanks.

I own 2 sound blaster live 5.1, and for some reason they are a fickle card like that. they will work fine in one machine and not in the next. One thing i have learned with them is the sound card has huge issues with dual and quad core processors (which i assume your are using). The first thing i would try though is moving it to another slot, if that doesnt help if may be an issues with your system and the age of the card. If the test card you used was a simpler card, then windows would have no problem detecting it.

One, it is an outdated card and you would be better off with an updated one. Anyway I did some checking and apparently you need to use a so-called modded driver to get it to work for windows 7. Also I have been told you may need to reinstall more then once to get it to work.

Use at your own risk, as this is not supported.:(

http://rapidshare.com/files/260412979/SB_Live_Naimad_Mod_LB_2_15_0002.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom