Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Baseband Member
I having a strange problem with my PC that I built a few years ago. I have never had any problems with it until now. Here it is:

I will be listening to music via iTunes and randomly the music will stop playing and instead a loud ringing sound comes out of the speakers. When this happens I have to close iTunes to stop the ringing sound. When this happens, I also lose my internet connection. In order for me to play music again and access this Internet, I have to restart the computer.

This is something that happens after about an hour of playing music. It usually happens when i'm sitting on the couch playing my Xbox 360 on Xbox Live (online). Also, the Xbox 360 and PC are on the same router.

I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting this problem. Has anyone ever had a problem similar to this? Any advice would be appreciated.

I had a problem that could be along the same lines as this. My internet adaptor caused my sound to screw up. Not ringing but skipping, try reinstalling the network device driver with a new driver (not the one you used before). See if that fixes it.

I am using an onboard network card. Should I try buying another network card that would run on one of my pci slots?

I could also try replacing the sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom