Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Baseband Member
I recently installed a new video card (nvidia geforce 7950GT). It seems to work great most of the time. I have had the card for about 3 weeks.

Anyway, once in awhile, when I am playing world of warcraft, my system will completely freeze up for about 10 seconds and then it will automatically restart by itself. This only happens rarely, it has only happened twice in the passed 3 weeks.

Could the system restarting by itself be related to my power supply not being able to handle my new video card? My power supply is 420 or 450 watt i think. Or maybe it could be a bad video card? Im not sure since the system freezing up and restarting is a rare occurance.

Has anyone had this problem...any input or advice would be appreciated.

interesting that it only happens while playing World of Warcraft. I googled for both the game and the video card, and received no results relating to rebooting/restarting.

Have you changed anything else in the last 3 weeks that could affect your computer's performance?

The only piece of hardware that I changed was the video card.

And i don't think I have that version of direct x. I should get it

HI THERE

WOW CAN HEAT YOUR SYSTEM UP CHECK TO SEE IF THE 4PIN ATX CONNECTOR OF YOUR PSU IS SEATED PROPERLY, IF IT IS YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-APPLY SOME THERMAL COMPOUND TO THE GPU AND RAM CHIPS OF YOUR CARD, BUT BE ADVISED THAT'S FOR THE HARDCORE GAMER AND SHOULDN'T BE DONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.

THE FACT THAT IT ONLY HAPPENS WHILE PLAYING WOW TELLS ME IT'S NOT THE CARDS FAULT.

IF YOU NEED ANY INFO ON HOW TO APPLY THE THERMAL COMPOUND LET ME KNOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom