Strange Pink and Blue Colored Checkers on screen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
Hello,

My computer started to display these strange checkered pattern, which changes color, on my screen. Its visible over the majority of things, BUT somethings dont show the patterns. Such as the dark blue sections of this page( but the white text shows the odd pattern, and the login screen doesnt show the checkers either. I tried on Windows 7 and XP Home samething, and uninstalling/reinstalling. Any ideas?

http://i46.tinypic.com/205uj5h.png

-Thank you

That looks like your screen distorting.

Do you have it at the recommended resolution? Hz?
Check cables on both ends?
Try different video cables?
There a different video port you can use?

Hey MoM, thanks for the post

Yea I've already eliminate many possible causes:

Different port on the video card (2x DVI) its an Nvidia 8600GT
TV output svideo same images
Took off my fanless AEROCOOL heatsink and cleaned/reapplied arctic silver thermal paste
Loaded up windows xp same issue
Uninstalled/Reinstalled windows 7
Uninstalled/Reinstalled drivers

Now one odd thing is that in ubuntu the display is perfectly fine, which would lead one to believe it is a driver issue, but i noticed its happening over certain intesity of the graphic being displayed. For example in a video game [cant enjoy my KOTOR :( ] if i enable Frame buffering the images become red and wavey, and similarly when displaying simple static background scenery, in game, there are no distortion over it.

Im thinking the board may have some sort of chip malfunctioning. Any thoughts?

Hi,

Yes, couldnt be the monitor because the television output was viewed on my tv. Also could not be the temps because itll have the glitches upon initial windows startup, even after being off for the entire day.

Yea, i picked up an 8800GT from my friend. Everything is just fine, so what ill do is leave the 8600GT to sit a while hook it up in a week or so and see how it run, then if necessary just buy a new card, its probably met its end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom