Strange MX4000 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Ok now i'm getting frustrated. I have a e-Geforce MX4000 PCI video that for some unknown reason I cant get to work. I have tried everything the drivers are installed and updated, but I still cant get it to work. Here is the funny part when I boot up the PC I can see everything on the screen. I can see in the upper left corner of the screen where it says your video card, I can see the Windows XP boot screen, but after that nothing. After the XP load screen goes away all I see is a black screen, I can hear it all loading and what not, but I cant see anything

I went into the bios to disable the onboard video, but all I can select is either ONBOARD or auto there is no disable choice, so I left it as auto. There is no jumper for onboard either Any ideas?

If it helps any the motherboard model is E210882

Weird, I'm pretty sure it's a software issue, though. Here's a few things to try if you haven't already:
With a working video card installed do the following:
Uninstall all video card software, including both your Onboard's drivers and software, and for your new card.
Lower your video resolution to the lowest you can
Turn off your computer and install the Geforce 4000mx
Turn on your pc and if everything loads up okay (low res and poor color depth are to be expected)
Install the latest drivers from Nvidia's site and restart your computer.

i have an MX4000 PCI, for some reason it stopped working in my dads computer (no reason AT ALL), so maybe the card is dead, have you tried it in a different computer

I feel like a total MONKEY :(................................................................................I contacted EVGA and within 10 minutes I had a reply.

I didnt know that you had to go into the Device Manager and disable the onboard video. I thought you either had to disable it in the bios or on the mobo. I had no clue that you had to do that....................boy do I feel like a monkey now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom