Strange mouse Issues. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to HeeRoMaKi Send a message via MSN to HeeRoMaKi
Default Strange mouse Issues.

Starting two days ago my mouse started freezing durring games and on the desktop. I have a logitec MX 518 (I have also tried a MX 400). What happens is the mouse just freezes and I can hear the microsoft "usb connection" detected sound then it starts working again. It's always at random times, sometimes the mouse will be fine for a few hours, then it can DC for an hour straight every 10-20 seconds keep in mind both mice I have tried are WIRED. Now here's what I tried doing. Mouse drivers: Updating drivers, Removed drivers, Reinstalled Drivers. Switched USB Ports. Tried two mice (both do it). Checked my start up menu, took off everything not needed. What else can I try besides.. a new computer I'm at a lose on what this could be...?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Strange mouse Issues.

What are your temps like when this happens? Get and run HWMonitor, leave it on while gaming, or when ever it freezes. Might want to look on task manager as well, see what programs are taking up you CPU/RAM.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

By what core temps says (I have that running in the taskmanager my high is 44C for CPU on a quad core. Though CORE temp is for CPU temps only so I will throw up HWmonitor as well and let you know. after playing SC2 for an hour or so. (or w/e the problem happens today.) Also I do stream.. so if streaming would help you see it Live to help let me know.. im willing to try anything at this point.

Ok so nothing really taken up my CPU/Ram besides firefox and SC2 ... the temps all look amazingly low tho my case is open to help the temps stay down caise there is only one case fan.. when it happened today the vid card is at 78C the rest is all down at about 55C at max, even typing this out my mouse DCed twice went and bought a new mouse.. and plugging that it .. right now since it just DCed again :/
Old 01-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
a new computer
Then don't mess with it. Call warranty support and get on record you are having this problem.

In the mean time, try a different USB pair (not just a different port in the same pair). If using a back pair, use a pair in the front, if you computer has one as that will likely be a different controller.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

No, the computer isen't new I ment I didn't know what else to try besides getting a whole new computer to fix the issue. Sadly I haven't found anytime to really test out this new mouse tho I haven't had it happen so far on desktop/sites with the new mouse(third mouse im trying) yet...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Has it BSOD'ed yet because of this, or even since this started? If it does, post up the dump file in the Windows section so it can be checked out. My wife's computer is doing something similar and it looks to be the graphics driver causing the problem.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

Whats a BSOD? and I can't tell if its hapepneing anymore its weird this new mouse just .. i dunno it seems like it just stops sometimes but no Dissconnection sound like before but I cant tell if its like im just not used to this new mouse or is it really is freezing again.. hmm >_<
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Blue Screen Of Death
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lord Techie

If the problem is with the usb bus then you should check the motherboard temperatures not the cpu temperatures.

Check this link out, it will help you post screenshots.
Screenshot Tutorial
Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

Oh, no blue screens ever actually... and haven't seen the same thing since i got the new mouse. problem is i cant get used to the mouse, and cant tell if its cause of me, the mouse or if a problem still actually exsists its so hard to tell.. the sensitivity seems off and it seems like it does "stop" sometimes when im moving around and making me reset it on the mousepad ..bleh with this new mouse just so hard to tell now if there is a real issue or if its me trying to get used to a new mouse (I was very precice as a gamer with my old mouse...)

Closed Thread