Strange Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

salvationsal

Solid State Member
Hi All
As this is my 1st post, i would like to jot down a few words about this forum. I've been reading posts for more than a year now on this forum, and yes of course the threads and topics have been really helpful. Keep up the good work moderators.. In future i'll try to be helpful to my best for the forum.
Now my problem.
I have this 5yrs old LG Studioworks 563N which used to be on a 810e/P3 computer. The brightness level of the monitor went down after 2-3 yrs and i though this could be a problem with the mboard. So i used to increase the contrast and brightness form the display properties. But now i got this monitor hooked on a s3/vm800/sempron. And again im facing the same problem right from the 1st day. I am sure the problem is with the monitor but where i dunno.
I tried the available drivers on the net both for moitor and display drivers. Still no help. Conceptually, i can set the brightness+contrast+gamma for my desktop, and media players using display properties again, but when it comes down to playing games, the display goes too dark. There is no where to set display properties for games.
I hope there could be a solution for this.
regards
Sal

Unfortunately Sal, I believe you are going to either need
the monitor repaired or replaced.

I don't think your problem is with the software. I believe
you have an internal problem with some monitor component.

Monitors are similiar to TV's, once the color starts to go it is usually cheaper to replace the monitor rather to repair.

You might try calling places that do monitor repair and describe your problem and get an estimate.

I have to second this advice.

Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to a 19" LCD to me...

Yeah!! Thats why i doubt LG, the worst electronic corp i would say.
Investing in a 19" LCD would be heavy on pocket.
But yes, no point in repairing this weired junk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom