Strange monitor display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Greetings

I am currently fixing a friend's computer and I have narrowed it down to the monitor graphics card ( at least I think ). Now the problem is if I put the monitor's display mode to 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz, the screen splits into four quadrents and mirrors itself in horizontally and vertically. Every other display mode seems to work fine however, even those of just lower refresh rates such as 1280 x 1024 @ 70Hz.

Here is the monitor specs

Product Specifications HP f1905e 19 inch LCD Monitor - HP Customer Care (Vietnam - English)

According to the specs it should work with 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz. I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

I want to note that I updated the graphics card drivers and there is no newer drivers for the monitor. But still no go.

I want to note that I updated the graphics card drivers and there is no newer drivers for the monitor. But still no go.

What kind of graphics card is it?

I would have to say you very well could be just s o l and that the monitor won't handle it. The specs say specifically.

Maximum resolution (H x V) 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz
and
Recommended resolution (H x V) 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz.

Which can often translate to

"You could but there's no guarantee it's going to work with your comp/settings/GFX"(max)
or
"This works perfectly all the time."(recommended)

Hello NanoWarrior,
What OS is installed on the PC ?.
I have seen an issue like this before, it was caused by the desktop background, (Vista DreamScene), changed the background and it fixed the problem.

I doubt it will be as easy as this for you, but worth a go.

Hello NanoWarrior,
What OS is installed on the PC ?.
I have seen an issue like this before, it was caused by the desktop background, (Vista DreamScene), changed the background and it fixed the problem.

I doubt it will be as easy as this for you, but worth a go.

I've seen that same thing a couple times but not in the way he's describing but it's definitely worth a shot. +1

Hey all. Thanks for the replies and my apologies for the delay in responce.

When I started the thread, the PC was installed with Windows Vista, but now I have upgraded it to Windows 7 and indeed the problem still exists. The problem can also happen in BIOS oddly so I have a feeling that its just the monitor itself. The graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce 6150SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom