strange issues with new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

4n3n1gm4

Beta member
hello,

i was wondering if i could get some input regarding a strange issue with new i5 build. the problem is when in windows 7 desktop the graphics seem to intermittently become jittery (for lack of a better way to describe it) when the system is idle but as soon as any of the drives spin up the problem decreases and goes away. it's almost as if under load things are fine but when the power load decreases the problem returns. could this be a psu problem?

system specs

cpu - i5 2500k
mobo - gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3
ram - G.SKILL NQ Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ)
hdd - Western Digital Caviar Black (WD7502AAEX) 750GB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB Cache
dvd - Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM)
PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 600 Watt 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply (CMPSU-600CXV2)

any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

thanks in advance

4n3n1gm4

It could very well be a psu problem. While Corsair is a great psu maker, the Builders Series is the cheapest ones they make. Of all the cheap units available, the Builders Series is probably the best, but it's still a cheap unit.

thanks for the reply, i think you may be right and i don't want to risk frying my cpu, or any other components over a 70 buck psu. just not worth it.

Seem to be getting Vcore fluctuations as well as the graphics issues i am leaning towards psu issue

OK figured out the problem, bios power saving features where the issue turned them off and all is well. power supply voltages are all good and cpu and graphics are now humming along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom