Strange issue

Shadowxsx

Solid State Member
Such as here as I type something I go back to the original start with a blank start. Or with explorer (very common issue, 99.9% of the time) when I cut/copy paste I have to manually refresh the page in explorer to get the changes to show in explorer and if I recut/copy paste explorer crashes.

I have ran virtually every AV and scan for malware, but nothing shows.

I was told that it could be a sticky keys issue so I disabled them (or set the activation to an absurd level of activation)... Even tried a different KB just incase.

The refresh issue is new to me and I do not know what is causing it, as I have tried all the google search options "fixes" with no resolving the issue.

I think it is most likely a corruption issue or a malware issue that is the culprit, but short of a fresh restore (with arconis, or a wipe) I am at a loss.

I want to avoid a fresh install/restore unless an absolute necessity. At this time the issues are slightly annoying, not a major crisis.

Last edited:
Could try running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt...see if it fixes any key files or something.

LOL, forgot that command and after working in tech support for 5 years you would imagine it was easily remembered...

Running now only 70% complete will update once finished.

"windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

Last edited:
After posting bout this issue on another site some one suggested that I try creating a new profile and see if anything changed.

Well unexpectedly the new profile works fine. I have basically exhausted every method known to me (AV scans, safe mode, reset folder options etc etc etc). As I stated before I worked in tech support for years so I am not a noob, but this issue is quite puzzling.

As if it were a PC issue it should affect the new profile the same way, but apparently it is something within this user profile causing it.

I tried a google search and many fixes listed but to no avail.

Needless to say I am at a loss.

If a new profile works fine, then I'd point to a corrupt profile. Copy the old profile data (documents and such) over to the new profile, and then delete the old profile.

Ok so tried a few things I had not found before. Now safe mode does work, new profiles show same results. And now a huge annoyance is firefox showing past history, even if I turn that off.

Guess it is some bug somehwere in my OS. I can try a new profile with identical issues.

TY for advice but at this time it appears to be a larger issue.

TBH the previous issue was an annoyance, but at this point it is beyond annoying.

After the so called "fixes" it is even worse. it worked for a bit but now I am having worse issues. It is nothing short of an OS issue. Such as this underlining. I am not doing itor trying to change pages but it is happening as I type (and it disappeared) . This is beyond annoying and if this continues screw it (just as the typing changed here, I will wipe.

Last edited:
Tried another program (malwarebytes) and it found and removed quite a few malware from my system that other programs did not even recognize. Which fixed most of my issues except for the slightly annoying "need to refresh" thing. I can live with that as it is just a minor issue.

I do have another question and this is rare to happen type. Every now and then I get a popup saying that the memory is full and I need to close a program (firefox 99% of the time).

I have a logitech g510 keyboard (one with the lcd display) and customized an
applet for it. Had a few programs open normally mem shows 30-40% when I took the screenshot.

When this issue happens my memory is only showing up to 60% usage (which should not trigger it), and have set my pagefile to span multiple drives as to see if that would fix it (it's currently about 24 gigs across 3 drives).

As rare as it happens it just may be a glitch in windows or even firefox, but sucks when you are in the middle of streaming a show and about 1/2 way into it and poof :umm:.

Attachments

• BrlgScr0001.jpg
    BrlgScr0001.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
Well ESET did find 2 things but they were old programs from years back that I did not have uninstalled (really need to set down and go through my HD and delete junk that I will never use again lol)..

But thanks to a new tool.

The memory thing is one of those random things, it may happen once in 3 months or may not. Just happened right before posting about it.

Well ESET did find 2 things but they were old programs from years back that I did not have uninstalled (really need to set down and go through my HD and delete junk that I will never use again lol)..

But thanks to a new tool.

The memory thing is one of those random things, it may happen once in 3 months or may not. Just happened right before posting about it.

Should have been installed, not uninstalled

Back
Top Bottom