strange issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
I tested my PSU on another PC to ensure that it was either the PSU or the motherboard. So in order to do that, i stuck in my main ATX and the 4 pin of both PSU's into each others pcs.

They were: hiper type-r 580w and ocz 550w.

Now i found out that it was my PSU that was dead so i warranties it back but now my mates power supply has gone wierd and stopped working.

Just wondering if any of you can tell me whats going on here?

*bump*

Would really fancy somebody giving there time to tell me whats the crack with this?

Can't say i havn't waited long enough and that all the other threads have been replied too and not mine....

It is possible the power supply you tried on the other mobo damaged it before dieing, therefore it appears as though the other power supply has gone when it may in fact be a flaky mobo, the only thing you can do is try another power supply.

And, bumping is not allowed unless at least 24 hours have past since last reply.

Yeah i skipped over this cause i didnt have a answer. But since you want answers lets give some.

Did you test the other system mobo? Are you sure hooking up the PSU to your system didnt kill it? Does it still work in your system??

Your psu killed your motherboard and your friends motherboard thus now making it look like your friends psu is dead when in fact his motherboard is dead.

Your psu killed your motherboard and your friends motherboard thus now making it look like your friends psu is dead when in fact his motherboard is dead.

Amidamaru said:
Now i found out that it was my PSU that was dead

meaning that mobo did work in other words just using his PSU.

and i was more so asking for possible reasons why this occured more than a diaognostic. My mates PSU is dead - i think we can be pretty sure of that.

Mak213 said:
Did you test the other system mobo? Are you sure hooking up the PSU to your system didnt kill it? Does it still work in your system??

The other system mobo was working fine. We firstly turned on his PC, then stuck his ATX cables into my PC, turned it on was succcessful -> therefore was my PSU at fault. Stuck my PSU ATX cables into his to ensure it wasn't my PSU being a nusiance with my system -> it didnt work. I can't connect my PSU to my system now because he lives all the way in long eaton and it was about 40 minutes drive to get down there in first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom