strange issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan16

In Runtime
Hi...

I am having a really strange issue with my PC.

Let's say I connect the PC to the power outlet. I then push the power button to turn on the computer on but it doesn't turn on.

I have to wait about 30-50 secs for a noise to be heard that lasts for about 3 minutes and once this noise stops I push the power button and the computer turns on just fine with no problem...

Any ideas???

Thanks a lot!

the HD might have bad sectors on it and the the piin that reads/writes the HD is having trouble reading and it makes weird noises
wat kind of HD is it ?
i can probably find u good software to fix that

I might have to check on what kind of HD it is.... since I am not where the PC is right...
I will let you know tomorrow..

Thanks a lot!! really

yes, some sort of power issue is what i'm thinking. once the charge has built up in the capacitors of either your mobo or PSU its working ok but why this is we need to narrow down.

Can you locate the noise, i.e what component its coming from? can you describe it?

Hello,

sorry for the late reply on this.

I just recreated the issue and I'm pretty sure the noise its coming from the HD.
I have to wait until the noise stops so the PC turns on. After that everything works just fine

Where on my PC can I find what kind of HD it is ?

Thanks!!

the information would be on the hd itself.. open it up and look inside usually there is a sticker on top of the metal with some basic data.. allocation units, capacity seek time etc etc etc..

Here is the info about the HD:

Western Digital WD800
WD Caviar
Enhanced IDE Hard Drive
Drive parametersÑ LBA 156301488
80 GB

here are some diagnostic programs which u can run on system boot and it will try to attempt fixing ur HD

Western Digital Data Lifeguard 5.04f
Western Digital DLG for Windows 1.07.01

also what the other guys are saying are also right but it depends on what kind of noise u hear . e.g: if u hear a sound like to one when u put on ur TV then its ur PSU, but if u literally hear clicking sound then thats ur HD, and if u hear a grinding kind of sound then its one of ur fans rubbing against something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom