Strange Computer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

theenigmaticsou

Beta member
Recently bought a new system, its an AMD 3000+ 64 Bit Pro, fully loaded, GB Ram, 80 GB HD etc etc....but recently, it has started to turn itself on a about 2-3 minutes after I shut it off. I have ran a virus scan to no avail. Really unsure of what the cause could be. Any of you out there think you might know the reason? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The Enigmatic Soul

do you notice any performance or stability issues after it turns itself on? if not, i'd just unplug the power cord out of the PSU after you shut down to ensure that it doesn't reboot.

ATX boards use a soft power switch, which means when you hit the power button, it sends a request to the motherboard to turn the power on, in essense the power is always on. So there could be a short in the power switch. Check to make sure it's wired correctly according to your motherboard manual, and look to see if there is an obvious short between any of the jumpers.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it, will work on this tomorrow, and let you know my results.

Again many thanks...

The Enigmatic Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom